Kingston Youth Shelter
It all starts with a place to sleep.
They need your help.
Our emergency shelter offers 15 beds for youth ages 16 to 24 in a housing crisis.
To access our services, call us at 613-766-3200 or simply drop by the shelter. We are located at 234 Brock Street. We do not maintain a waiting list and our beds are available on a “first come, first served” basis.
- A warm bed in a safe & nurturing environment
- Nutritious meals
- Support with basic needs (access to personal hygiene supplies, clothing, laundry facilities, school supplies, transit fare)
- Non-judgmental supportive counseling from a harm reduction perspective
- Community resources & referrals
- Access to telephone and internet
- Employment and educational support
- Life skills training
- Housing Assistance: Our Prevention Diversion Worker is scheduled throughout the week, including evenings, to give youth access to support. Our Prevention Diversion Worker is a trained professional who can assist youth in meeting their individual housing goals.
- Family Support: Our Family Mediation Worker offers mediation to families experiencing family breakdown, youth/parent conflict, and general communication difficulties that may leave youth at a greater risk of entering homelessness. Youth do not need to access shelter to be eligible for this service. For more information, see Kingston Youth Families.