100% of all donations go directly to helping local youth.
The Kingston Youth Shelter relies greatly upon the generosity of the community to continue to provide youth with the necessary support they need to move forward.
Kingston Youth Shelter has incredibly low overhead costs. Our building is provided to us rent free by the Hotel Dieu Hospital – this means your contributions go directly to our youth programming. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 or more.
The Kingston Youth Shelter accepts donations online, by mail, or in person. Please consider supporting vulnerable youth today. No donation is too small – please help support us today!
Our Wish List has items that are frequently needed for our emergency shelter and transition homes. These items go a long way toward maintaining a healthy and happy environment for our youth in need.
Other ways you can help
Certain times of the year present us with special needs. Currently, we are greatly in need of the following items:
- Non-perishable food items (soup, cereal, granola bars, pasta, etc.)
- Coffee / Tea / Juice
- Frozen meat
- Frozen vegetables
- Milk & eggs
- Large garbage bags
- Laundry detergent / Dryer sheets (High efficiency detergent)
- Clothing / Pyjamas
- Underwear & bras (NEW only please!)
- Backpacks / School supplies
- Batteries (AAA and AA)
- Household cleaning supplies (dish soap, dishwasher detergent, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Facial tissues
- Paper towels
- Gift Cards (Tim Hortons, McDonalds, Subway, etc)
- Bus Passes
- Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points. Click here to Donate
Personal Care Items
Looking for a different way to help? We are always in need of personal care items such as soap, shampoo, deodorant, razors, shaving cream, menstrual products, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.
Have an item you would like to donate, but not listed here?
Please call 613-766-3200 to speak with one of our Counsellors or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Holiday Wishlist
As we serve youth 16-24, here are some age-appropriate gifts:
- Gift Cards (Grocery, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, etc)
- Movie Passes
- Bus Passes
- Portable chargers
- Art supplies
- Books or DVDs
- Stocking Stuffers (chocolate, candy, notebooks, small gifts)